A lot of work goes into planning and hosting a summer workshop for your company or local industry. The first thing you need to do is find a conference room that can accommodate you, your guests and all of the things that you want to do at your event. Whether your goal is to host business seminars or conduct educational workshops that will train your fellow employees and colleagues to use a new technology or market a new product, it is important to get all of your ducks in a row, so to speak, as early as possible, to make sure you don’t miss a thing at the Milford conference hall.
Smart Tips for Hosting a Professional Event
If you are new to industry event planning or if this is your first time hosting a summer workshop, make sure to take a look at some of the smart tips listed below to improve the chances of success for your gathering.
Here are the top 10 tips that will help you plan a flawless event:
- Establish a Theme – No matter what type of event you are planning, if you host business seminars or put on an industry convention, it pays to have a theme. A theme dictates everything from the topics of discussion to the decor, the networking parties, the speakers you will invite and helps let attendees know what to expect from the event.
- Contact Speakers – If you plan on inviting or hiring speakers and are thinking about bringing in professional teachers when hosting a training conference, contact them as early as possible to make sure that they are available to appear at your event. Book popular speakers as soon as possible to avoid conflicts with other speaking engagements.
- Know What You Can Afford – After you create your budget, which is really the first thing that you should do, you will have a good idea of what you can afford, such as paying speakers or finding other ways to bring them to your event. In some cases a speaking fee will be required, however depending on the speaker and what they hope to get out of the event, the option to hand out flyers and business cards or shill their products and programs just might be enough.
- Choose a Good Venue – When you are planning to host business seminars or are hosting a training conference in Southeastern Massachusetts, it is important to select a venue that has the amenities and space you need at a price that you can afford. Consider our Milford conference hall for your event at The Crystal Room Conference Center.
- Food & Refreshments – Will you serve coffee, tea, water and snacks, or will you provide something more substantial? Consider bringing in a refreshment sponsor and allow them to adorn the refreshment tables, water bottles or snacks with a branding opportunity for their business. Sit down luncheons, buffets, Continental breakfasts and even end-of-event dinners can all become highlights of the event when hosting a training conference, so consider them carefully.
- Use Your Connections – Time to pull out that black book of contacts or go through that old Rolodex of business cards, this is when you need to bring together all of the colleagues that you know and the people who have influenced you most in business. You can use these contacts to garner sponsorships, invite speakers, increase attendance or learn more about how to contact others when you are making plans for the Milford conference hall.
- Get a Tech Crew – Even if you are tech-savvy, it pays to hire a crew to take care of all the technology for you when you are hosting a training conference. The conference room that you work with should also have technology opportunities on-site to make the entire process run smoother. For example, The Crystal Room Conference Center has a lot of technology options available at the conference room in Milford.
- Provide Printed Information – While there are awesome options for websites and conference apps that can be used to provide your guests with details and maps for your event when you host business seminars or industry events, do not overlook the importance of providing printed information to your attendees and sponsors. Badges, banners, lanyards, flyers, pamphlets, business cards and anything else you might need should be printed well in advance of your event at the Milford conference hall.
- Put Together a Good Team – Get volunteers from your office or hire a specific team to take care of all the details for your upcoming event. Hosting a training conference has much more to do with preparation and organization than anything else. The more prepared and organized you are, the more successful your event at the conference room will be. Put together a talented team of individuals who can work well together for the best results.
- Learn and Grow – The best thing that you can do to create a successful series of industry events is to learn from every experience. From booking the Milford conference hall at The Crystal Room to learning how to properly stage and set up the conference room when hosting a training conference or scheduling speakers when you host business seminars, every step is part of the learning process.
Schedule a Tour at The Crystal Room
If you are planning to host business seminars, put on an industry expo or are hosting a training conference in the Southeastern Massachusetts region, consider the Milford conference hall and ballroom space available at The Crystal Room Conference Center. Give us a call at 508-478-7800 to schedule a tour or to talk about booking our space.