One of the biggest challenges associated with planning a professional meeting for managers and employees within a large region is finding a central location. However, if you are planning a regional meeting or team building conference in the Southcoast area, our Milford meeting room could be the perfect venue. Just a minute off the I-495 in Southeastern Massachusetts, our facility is easy to find from the highway and strategically located between Boston and Rhode Island with accessibility from major roadways, airports, and other New England cities. Plan your next regional meeting at our meeting room in Milford, MA and take advantage of all the amenities available at our professional conference center.
How to Plan an Effective Meeting
If you have been charged with planning a quarterly or annual regional meeting, make sure to create an agenda with purpose. Your meeting should be focused on the primary task at hand when everyone gathers in the Milford meeting room. Leading a meeting means keeping everyone on task to ensure that nothing gets overlooked at the meeting room in Milford, MA. When you start to make plans, either on your own or with a committee, planning a professional meeting should include writing a schedule that includes key talking points and allows for time to discuss issues or ask questions.
- Establish a Goal – What do you want to get out of the regional meeting? Write down the purpose and goals of the event, whether it is to share data, learn new skills or take part in interactive seminars as part of a team building conference. Deciding what needs to be accomplished will help you to achieve your goals.
- Set a Time Frame – How long will you need to accomplish the task? Should the meeting go all day at the Milford meeting room or will you need to meet again over the span of a couple of days to get everything done? If you are asking regional representatives to come to a central location, make sure to provide hotel accommodations in the local area for those who have to travel.
- Create a Printed Agenda – The schedule for the meeting at the meeting room in Milford, MA should be written down, printed and shared with attendees. This will help everyone know what to expect at the meeting, what time they need to be there, and how long they will need to stay. If you have any special guest speakers or plan on offering activities to encourage communication, networking or team building, include that information in on the schedule as well.
- Allow for Breaks – This is extremely important when planning a professional meeting. Include breaks for restroom use, mobile device charging, refreshments, and meals. Networking and communications breaks can also be helpful, providing attendees with a chance to discuss the topics presented and work on solutions together with other regional representatives.
- Ask for Feedback – At the end of the regional meeting or after the event has completed, contact attendees to find out if they got anything out of the gathering. Ask for input, ideas, and constructive criticism so you can fine-tune your planning for the next regional meeting. Ask about everything from the venue to the food, the speakers and the topics provided, as well as the date, time, and format of the event.
Planning a Professional Meeting in Advance
The more time you have to plan the meeting, the better prepared you will be to get good results. Provide attendees with as much advance notice as possible and avoid renting a Milford meeting room around holidays, popular vacation times, and other periods that might make it challenging to get good attendance. Even a mandatory meeting can be fraught with issues due to bad timing, so do everything you can to make it easy on everyone involved. The goal is to maximize the learning, networking, and communications opportunities associated with a professional event or team building conference at the meeting room in Milford, MA. Good planning and ongoing organization will help you to achieve those goals.
If you are interested in securing a spot at our venue for planning a professional meeting, give us a call at 508-478-7800. We can answer any questions that you might have about using our Milford meeting room and can help you pick a date that will work best for everyone. Call today to schedule a tour or to check on availability.