So you’re just sitting there, minding your own business when your boss comes up to you and says that they need you to plan a training workshop in Massachusetts for your entire office. Or maybe not just your entire office, but a large event that will take place at a local Milford conference center. What do you do? You have no experience planning a professional meeting, so how are you going to reserve the venue, take care of all the details and hire a group of relevant speakers for a seminar in Milford, MA without losing your mind?
Laying the Groundwork for Your Event
The good news is that there is a lot of help on the internet with tons of advice on how to strategically set up a meeting or conference that will “wow” your boss and get everyone all excited about attending. Before you jump in and start planning, there are some questions that you will need to ask your boss that will help you clarify what he wants, when he wants it and what he expects you to do.
Some of the questions you should ask include:
- Who will be attending this business gathering?
- How many people do you anticipate for this event?
- Will you need any special technology?
- Do you want to serve any snacks or meals during the meeting?
- What type of meeting will this be: a seminar, a conference, an industry expo or a training workshop in Massachusetts?
- What is the budget for this event?
- When do you want the event to take place?
Once you have the answers to those questions and any others that are applicable to your unique situation, you will be able to move forward, rent space for your meeting or seminar in Milford, MA and start organizing all of the details regarding food service, technology and contacting professional speakers or instructors.
When in Doubt, Ask a Pro
If it is in the budget, consider working with a professional event organizer to help you plan your seminar or training workshop in Massachusetts. If it is not in your budget, ask the Milford conference center if they have any type of planning support. For example, The Crystal Room is a premier event center that provides a lot of great options and support that can help you in planning a professional meeting – even if you have never planned one before. We have our own in-house catering service that can set you up with snacks and beverages throughout the day between meetings, provide a buffet lunch or serve a formal sit down dinner, depending on your needs.
The Crystal Room also has a wide range of technology available that you can use to your advantage, including Wi-Fi service for you and your attendees, flat panel screens for your video presentations, audio-visual equipment that we can set up according to your specifications, and even a large charging station so your guests can keep their mobile devices charged throughout the event. We have tons of parking on-site so your guests will be able to have plenty of space when they arrive for your conference, seminar or meeting. Our staff will work with you every step of the way and we even have a professional planner that help you dot all of the i’s and cross all of the t’s so that nothing is overlooked.
Don’t Micro-Manage All the Details
While you want to make sure that your seminar in Milford, MA goes according to plan and that your boss is pleased with the work that you do, you don’t want to micro-manage the entire gathering down to the last second. Things will change, speakers will be late, questions and answers will run over time and someone will forget to sync their computer with the audio-visual equipment properly. Stuff will go wrong.
- DO talk with the coordinator at the venue about making sure that you are on the same page with regard to all of the catering, technology options and setup arrangements. You don’t want to wait until the day of to find out that there was a huge misunderstanding about what you needed.
- DO make a schedule of all the things that you want to happen throughout the event at the Milford conference center. Planning a professional meeting involves setting up times for speakers, workshop events and other offerings throughout the event, so you will want to at least set up a time frame so everyone will know what to expect and when.
- DO try to include all of the important aspects and keep an eye on your budget. If necessary, speak with your boss about increasing the budget for your training workshop in Massachusetts if you think you might not have enough to include all of the things he wants.
In the end, you need to relax and trust that all of the plans that you have made while planning a professional meeting will be enough to pull this off. It likely won’t be exactly as you planned down to the detail or the minute, but if you stick with it and work closely with your boss and the event coordinator at The Crystal Room, your event will be a success!
To find out more about all of the options available for hosting a conference, meeting or training workshop in Massachusetts at The Crystal Room in Milford, please give us a call at 508-478-7800. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and schedule a tour of our facility so you will know what to expect. We are conveniently located just a minute off of the I-495, making us a great choice for attendees coming from Boston, Cape Cod, Fall River, Providence and anywhere else in the New England area.