Every year, thousands upon thousands of businesses decide to host a banquet for their employees at meeting and conference centers all across the country. Before you run out and reserve a conference hall rental, make sure you identify what you want to get out of the experience. It is important to have a plan when hosting a Milford business banquet, and until you know how many guests you will be expecting and the type of event you want to throw, it is very difficult to know how much space you will need. Whether you require full service catering or want to do something a little more informal, our staff can help you create a memorable experience for all.
Top Do’s for Hosting a Business Banquet
It is important to have a reason for hosting a banquet. You don’t just wake up one day and say, “let’s have a party” and start planning. That wouldn’t make sense. For the most part, the average Milford business banquet is hosted in order to celebrate achievements within the company of the industry. It is also frequently used to recognize a prominent retirement or promotion within the local office. Other celebrations can include dramatic changes to the business, such as new leadership or ownership, as well as to host an annual awards that recognizes multiple employees and partners. The basic information you need to know to reserve a space at The Crystal Room Conference Center in Milford, MA is “how many” and “what date.”
Other essential things that you should do when planning a party at a conference hall rental space include:
- Reserve Space ASAP – As soon as you know how many employees will be invited and whether or not you are allowing a spouse or a plus-one to attend, contact your local meeting and conference center to reserve the date. Have a general time frame in mind and know whether you want a weeknight or weekend date in advance. Depending on the time of year for your party at the conference center in Milford, MA, you may be competing against weddings, graduations and proms. Make sure to call as early as possible to ensure you get the Milford business banquet space you need on the date that you desire.
- Advise Guests Early – Once you book the conference hall rental, you can send out the invitations. Give at least a couple of months advance notice so your guests can prepare. If you are hosting a fancy dinner at the meeting and conference center, make sure to state “black tie” or “formal attire” in the invitation. If you are hosting a theme party, make sure to advise guests as to any dress requirements to coordinate with that theme, if you so desire. Some businesses will host decade parties, such as the 20s or 40s, to celebrate the anniversary of the company’s launch or other landmark events.
- Offer Menu Options – The difference between hosting a Milford business banquet and a basic corporate party, is that a banquet focuses on the dining experience. Make sure to offer guests a varied menu that provides allowances for different taste preferences and dietary needs or allergy requirements. Go over the menu with the event planner at The Crystal Room Conference Center in Milford, MA to make sure that you hit all the major demographics with your choices. Consider including menu check boxes with the RSVP, as you would do at a wedding, to make sure everyone gets the beef, chicken, fish, vegetarian or gluten-free menu they require.
Top Don’ts for Hosting a Business Banquet
There are also plenty of things that you should NOT DO when you are hosting a business event at the local meeting and conference center. Take a lesson from others who have planned these types of events before you and learn from their mistakes. Avoid any unpleasant surprises by touring the conference hall rental first before booking it. Make sure there is enough space for all of your guests inside the conference center in Milford, MA and that there is plenty of parking.
Other essential things that you should avoid when planning a party at a conference hall rental space include:
- Neglect to Read the Contract – You work in the business world, so you should know to read the contract before you rent space at any Milford business banquet hall. Read the small print and know what is included in your package – and what isn’t. Make sure to review the cancellation policy so you’ll know what to expect if you have to suddenly cancel or postpone the event. You need to know the terms of your agreement at the conference center in Milford, MA.
- Skip the Entertainment – Make sure to include at least some type of entertainment at the meeting and conference center for your guests. A roast for a departing partner, a toast for a co-worker who was lost, a band or a DJ for after-dinner dancing, or a comedian to get everyone laughing. These are the things your guests will remember and talk about the most.
- Forget to Decorate – The best way to set the mood and the atmosphere, whether you are hosting a theme-based party or just an in-general formal affair, is to use decorations. Beautiful centerpieces on the tables, decorations on the walls and ceilings, special cocktails and desserts – these things are all very important.
Visit The Crystal Room Conference Center in Milford, MA
If you are planning a business event of any kind, contact our meeting and conference center to learn more about renting space for your local Milford business banquet, conference or meeting. Located just a minute off the I-495, our conference hall rental venue is conveniently located and has ample ballroom space and parking for you and all your guests. Call today at 508-478-7800 to find out about availability or to take a tour of our facility.